Feel free to reach out with any general questions or suggestions at ucla.efmp(at)gmail.com!
- Academic year: 5th year graduate student
- Research interests: How do planets form and evolve with time?
- Email: akashgpt(at)g.ucla.edu
Valeria Jaramillo (she/her)
- Academic year: 3rd year graduate student
- Research focus: structural geology (plus geochronology/thermobarometry)
- Hobbies: Enjoying beach sunsets, hiking, painting, hanging out
- Email: jaramillov29(at)g.ucla.edu
- Academic year: 4th year undergraduate
- Major: geophysics
- Research interests: plate tectonics and mantle dynamics
- Email: wklo(at)g.ucla.edu
Professor Carolina Lithgow-Bertelloni
Prof. Lithgow-Bertelloni is the Louis B. and Martha B. Slichter Endowed Chair in Geosciences of the Department of Earth, Planetary and Space Sciences in the University of California, Los Angeles since 2018. She received her B.S. in Geology from the University of Puerto Rico in 1987, and completed her Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley in 1994. She then moved on to a post-doc at Institut für Geophysik, Universität Göttingen, as an NSF postdoctoral fellow, and faculty positions at University of Michigan and University College London. Her honors include the David and Lucile Packard Fellowship for Science and Engineering in 2001 and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Fellowship.
- PhD in Geology, 1994 (University of California at Berkeley)
- BSc in Geology, 1987 (University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez)
- Research interests: plate tectonics, mantle dynamics, thermodynamics of mantle minerals
- Email: clb(at)epss.ucla.edu